Many companies to combat staff turnover and inspire loyalty implement yearly staff awards based on length of service, starting as early as 5 years and run to 40 years. A service award can show an employee that their commitment and employment with a company is appreciated and respected.
It’s also been shown to save the company money in the long run.
- The Revenue Commissioner offers tax relief on long service awards (which they define as 20, 25, 30 & 35 years of service)
- Awards made in recognition of long service must take the form of tangible gifts to qualify for tax relief, i.e. a camera, watch etc.
- Long service awards made in the form of cash, vouchers or bonus bonds are taxable in full
- The tax relief on long service awards is separate and in addition to the annual €500 small benefit allowance per employee
- We are now offering a new service where we can take all the hassle of selecting and assigning gifts away from you.
First step is to organise a meeting with one of our sales representatives.
You will be asked for your budget, per gift, per staff and any ideas of gifts you have. Our representative will then choose gifts they believe match your expectations and are compatible with your budget. You will have the option to have staff view the final selection suggestions at your offices or premises. Most employers chooses between 2 and 10 gifts for each year category from which staff then each choose one.
We take the approved selection on line, set up a personalised page for our client and upload it along with a contact form. These pages are password protected to prevent ineligible staff from accessing the page and ordering. We will happily verify every order if our client deems it necessary. You can find a sample site at http://www.lcgifts.ie/sample-great-place-to-work/ with the password – GPTW
Personalised engraving, gift wrapping & compliments slips with home delivery to staff are all options we are happy to provide.
Our other service includes:
The setting up and maintaining of Employee Recognition Schemes. Theses types of schemes have been proven to increase employee satisfaction and company loyalty. Please read more here.
Organising Special Occasions for employees, This ranges from new baby hampers and wedding gifts to Corporate days out and Christmas events in house. Please read more here.
We also aid in sponsorship and supply as part of the Bike to Work Scheme.